Call for Art – juror: zeb andrews (SUBMISSIONS CLOSED)
We’re excited to welcome Zeb Andrews back to Plates to Pixels, but this time as juror for our first lensless exhibit. We are seeking photographic work made without the use of a lens. For example: pinhole, lumen, zone plate, photograms, chemigrams, etc. We look forward to the many surprises you have in store for us! Exhibit will launch in November 2013 on online at platestopixels.com and in the print exhibit catalog.
NO ENTRY FEE! SUBMIT UP TO 5 IMAGES by OCTOBER 28th, 2013 (midnight PST). Submissions Closed
JUROR: Zeb Andrews, Photographer and Pinhole Extraordinaire, [ zebandrewsphotography.com ]
Zeb Andrews has been seriously dedicated to photography since 2002 when a Pentax K1000 made its way into his hands and almost did not escape again. Not long after that he bought his first “real” camera, a Nikon FM2. His family of cameras has grown much since that first Nikon over the years, but that FM2 is still going strong. Zeb loves to teach and share. He believes you make yourself better by making those around you better. When he is not working full time at Blue Moon Camera and Machine, he is generally spending his days off photographing and teaching photography classes and workshops.
- Juror’s Selection: Holga 120 PC Pinhole Camera + 120 color film (ISO 400) 3 pack & LenZless Exhibition Catalog
- Founder’s Selection: LenZless Exhibition Catalog
- Honorable mentions will also be awarded.
- Award winning entries will be included in the print exhibition catalog. At least one image from other selected artists will be included in the catalog whereas the online gallery will feature all selected entries.
- Subject line of your email should read: lenZless Submission
- Please zip your files and send it to us via wetransfer.com [UPDATE: ONLY ACCEPTING WETRANSFER FILES - OUR INBOX IS FILLED TO THE MAX WITH SUBMISSIONS] : lenZless@platestopixels.com (please do not use any other file transfer sites other than wetransfer.com)
IMAGE FILE SPECIFICATIONS
- Jpg files only, resolution: 72ppi, 1200 pixels on THE LONGEST EDGE
- Please do NOT include borders or watermarks
- Please name the files with your FIRST name and LAST name plus IMAGE TITLE with NO SPACES (Example: SteveJobs-TheApple.jpg)
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH YOUR ENTRY (IN THE BODY OF THE EMAIL)
- Titles for your photographs in a numbered list
- Image capture method / medium
- Url, if you have one, in the text of the email
Submissions Email: lenZless@platestopixels.com
By submitting photos for publication at platestopixels.com you are stipulating to us that you own copyright to these photographs or have permission from the copyright holder to submit these photographs. You are granting Plates to Pixels a non-exclusive license to use the photograph in its submitted form, subject to re-sizing, for publication on the platestopixels.com website for as long as the website exists. You are also granting Plates to Pixels permission to use it for promotion on social media sites such as facebook.com and to put the Plates to Pixels logo on the image (we honor your right to refuse using the image in this way, so please let us know if this is not acceptable upon submission.)
In addition to the online gallery, by submitting to this specific call for art you are granting One Twelve Publishing permission to print your image(s) in the coinciding exhibition catalog that will be available for purchase — proceeds from sales of the catalog go straight to website operating costs and advertising for platetopixels.com.